To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
RE: Athletics Report
Woodland Middle School
All middle school fall sports have been moved to the spring. Here are the proposed sports offerings and season dates for this year:
- Winter 1 - (Jan. 4-Feb. 12) Girls Basketball and Wrestling
- Winter 2 – (Feb.16-Apr. 2) Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Boys Golf, Girls Soccer
- Spring – (Apr. 12-May 28) Track, Boys Basketball, Girls Golf
We are in the process of confirming with our coaches whether or not they can commit to coaching these alternate seasons.
Our league has approved modified schedules that will reduce the number of games played because of the shortened seasons.
- Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Wrestling, Volleyball and Girls Soccer will go from 10 games to 8.
- Football will reduce from 6 games to 5.
- Track will remain the same.
- Boys/Girls Golf and Cross Country TBD.
Woodland High School
All high school fall sports have been moved to the spring. Here are the proposed sports offerings and season dates for this year:
- Winter 1 – (Jan. 4-Feb.28) Boys/Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Cheer, Dance
- Winter 2 – (Mar. 1- Apr. 25) Volleyball, Cross Country, Football, Girls Soccer, Boys Golf
- Spring – (Apr. 26-June 27) Fastpitch, Baseball, Track, Girls Golf, Boys Soccer
Our league has approved modified schedules (70% of a normal schedule). Post season will most likely be a regional format (due to shorter seasons and to cut down on travel/overnight stays).
- We have started session 1 of fall sports practices (Oct. 19 – Nov. 14) with girls soccer, volleyball, baseball, and football participating.
- Session 2 (Nov. 16 – Dec. 19) will include boys/girls basketball, boys soccer, dance, and cheer.
- For information about our optional fall practices, follow this link: https://www.woodlandschools.org/storage/file/95/WHS%20Fall%20Practice%20Guidelines%20-%20final%20.pdf
- Season 1 of hs sports is scheduled to begin Dec. 28
- Season 1 of ms sports is scheduled to begin Jan. 4
- The WIAA will make a decision on season 1 sports on Nov. 16.