To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
RE: Athletics Report
Woodland Middle School
Winter 2 Sports
- 8th record (3-4)
- 7th record (2-5)
- They’re excited to take on Ridgefield this week and hopefully avenge their only loss. Their execution and transition skills continue to improve!
- Blended (Yellow) (2-5)
- Blended (Green) (6-1)
Track and Field
- We’ve hired a new middle school head track coach. Ben Nelson, who is one of our middle school counselors will be taking over for Jeff Flanagan. We will be hiring his staff in the next few weeks.
Woodland High School
- Our dance team has been doing well. They have state qualifying scores in two categories: Pom and Hip-Hop. Their state competition is March 28th at the Yakima Sundome.
- Our cheer team had an amazing performance at the state championships! They received their highest marks of the year and finished 4th in the state!
- Varsity record – 4-8 league, 13-11 overall
- Our basketball team has been on an amazing run – winning four must win games in a row. We have just won our first two district games and are in the district championship!
- JV record – 2-10 league, 5-15 overall
- C record – 3-9 league, 5-13 overall
- Varsity record – 7-5 league, 13-9 overall
- After finishing 3rd in the league, we lost our first two games of the district tournament and are done for the season.
- JV record – 8-4 league, 14-6 overall
- We are sending 4 wrestlers to the state championships at the Tacoma Dome this Friday/Saturday.
- Gaige Pilot (106), Mason Rikard (106), Judeah Sanders (113), Josiah Sanders (120)
- Remember that WHS Sports can be followed on Facebook (woodland high school athletics) and Twitter (whsbeavers) – and sports updates will also be available on our school website live feed.
- Our league also has a website for both wms and whs: 2agshl.com
- We have formed an athletic council that consists of coaches and community members to look at ways to provide more opportunities for our youth in athletics within the community. We’ve had two meetings so far, and are currently focusing on soccer. Positive changes are already taking place!