Woodland Middle School Report
To: Michael Green
From: James Johnston
Re: WMS February 2020 Board Report
The following are the items we have been working on at Woodland Middle School:
High School Visits Are Near
Our 8th graders will be visiting the high school on February 28th. This will be a great opportunity to meet with high school counselors and tour WHS programs. Eighth grade students will forecast for high school classes at WMS this year. These events are exciting for students as they begin getting acclimated to life in high school.
WMS Trojan Pride Night at WMS
We are approaching our annual Trojan Pride Night. We invite parents and students to join us for free dinner, awesome activities, and great raffles on February 27th from 5-7 pm.
We are beginning Smarter-Balanced state testing on March 12th this year. We will utilize this data to place students for classes in the fall. Students that exceed the benchmarks often qualify for additional electives in lieu of additional core instructional time.
Academic and Attendance Awards
On February 14th, we hosted our 2nd quarter assemblies and gave out the following awards to students:
- 158 Exemplary Attendance Awards (Presented to students who miss no more than one day of school, and have no more than 1 tardy)
- 54 Perfect Attendance Awards (In school every day, every period)
- 138 Academic Achievement Honor Roll Awards (3.0 to 3.49 GPA)
- 278 Principal’s Honor Roll Awards (3.5 to 4.0 GPA)
Additionally, each teacher is permitted to select one student each quarter to highlight for behavior, academics, growth, and overall excellence. This is an honor that includes a luncheon with the principal sponsored by Burgerville.
Our Second Quarter Trojan Achievement Award Winners were:
- 5th Grade- Selah Hay, Skyler Lacey, Miguel Martinez Betancourt, Kendall Reiners, Aurelio Cano-Lorenzo, Brooke Moore, Brooklynn Hanle
- 6th Grade- Ella Tallbut, Aidan Summers, Ella Peterson, Faith Hay, Teyla Wingerter, Mali Muonio, Trevon Miller, Grace Hoepner, Zack Snow
- 7th Grade- Samantha Warner, Athena Franklin, Addison Stading, Camden Reiners, Elizabeth Len, Lincoln Ponder, Fia Korpela
- 8th Grade- Luna Farrant, Cody Armstrong, Ivy Raught, Brooke Hauge, Elideth Borja-Delgado, Sienna Ek, Candice MacFadzen, Alexis Lopez-Lopez, Wyatt Daniels,Collett MacDonald