To: Michael Green
From: Paul Huddleston
RE: Athletics Report
Woodland Middle School
- We had a HUGE turnout this year… almost 120 kids! Our boys won the league championships and the girls finished 2nd. Longtime coach Jeff Flanagan is, unfortunately, stepping down. Here are the results from the league championship: https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/377614/results
Woodland High School
- Varsity record 4-8 league, 9-14 overall
- We qualified for districts as the GSHL #4 team and won our 1st post season baseball game in a few years before losing out to Tumwater.
- Hunter Huddleston will be stepping down as head coach.
- JV record 9-3 League, 16-5 overall
- Varsity record 8-3 league, 12-4-2 overall
- For the second year in a row, we lost the district title game to Columbia River.
- We play in Port Angeles on 5/15 vs Sequim in the state playoffs.
- JV record 2-7-3 league, 3-8-3 overall
- Varsity record 12-0 league, 19-0 overall
- Our varsity has only given up two runs all year. We head into district play with a lot of confidence. Here is the district bracket: http://www.2agshl.com/tournament.php?tournament_id=2949&sport=15
- State is May 24 and 25 at Carlon Park in Selah, WA.
- JV record 5-4 league, 8-8 overall.
- Led by medalist Abby Bozarth, and runner up Rayleah Trice, our golf team won the league championship tournament.
- Coach Aaron Blackwelder picked up his 100th career win this year!
- Districts are May 14-15. Here are the results: http://www.2agshl.com/index.php?pid=0.28.0.14.220
- State is May 21-22 at MeadowWood Golf Course in Spokane.
Track and Field
- We had a strong showing at Sub Districts. Districts are at Washougal on May 17.
- Here are the sub-district results: https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/369412/results
- State is May 23-25 at Mt. Tahoma HS in Tacoma.
WHS Sports recognition banquet is June 3 at 6 pm. We will recognize all of our multi-sport letter winners, our all-league selections, individuals and teams that placed in state, our top 10 plays of the year, all of our college athletes, milestones, a male and female athlete of the year plus much more.