Student Representative Report
To: Board of Directors
From: Hannah Landrigan
RE: Student Representative Report
- 1-1 Chromebooks
- Students responded well to the idea! Had questions about if they could buy cases and if insurance would be available to purchase.
- 0 period and leaving after 5th period if you have early out/start at 0 period
- Students at the ASB meeting have questions about if they will have to attend advisory even if they have early out. Students are still wondering about the schedule for next year.
- Student representation in decision making meetings.
- I met with Mr. Shoup and Mr. Uhlenkott to ask them if Woodland High School could create a system in which there could be one student representative at non-confidential decision making meetings regarding policies, procedures, and events that will directly impact the students. I am attending a Building Leadership Team meeting Monday, June 3rd to pitch the idea to the staff on that team!
- Food vending machines for after school clubs/sports participants
- This idea was brought up during an ASB meeting and we are hoping to bring it up to our principals as an idea for next year.
- Courtyard games (ASB 2018-19 Legacy Project)
- The 2018-19 ASB has decided to purchase yard games that will be available to check out during lunches on nice days. Our hope is to bring students together more!
Events Coming Up:
- Graduation Festivities:
- MVP Breakfast
- Parade of Graduates
- Graduation Ceremony - June 7th @ 7
- ASB Elections
- General Elections- week of May 20th
Events That Have Happened:
- Lost their first game, non-league, vs Montesano. League and District champs. State tournament beginning Friday, May 24th- Saturday, May 25
- Individuals going to state:
- Boys Soccer
- Lost out in the second game of the state tournament. This team made it farther than any Woodland Boys Soccer team has ever made it.
- She Kills Monsters Spring Production
- It was successful, almost full shows every night. The play was slightly controversial but it was taken really well by the audience. It was a huge fundraiser for the Drama Club setting up them up well for future productions.
- Prom- May 11, 2019
- There was more supervision and much less problems with substance use!
- Lakeside Gardens in Portland OR
- Queen: Addison Andrews
- King: Alex Stout