May 12, 2014
- JV – 7-0 (league), 16-2 (overall)
- Varsity – 14-0 (league), 19-1 (overall)
i. Currently ranked #1 in state as we head into the post season.
ii. We open up district play next Tuesday (noon at Castle Rock) as the TRICO #1 seed
- JV – 4-2 (league), 7-8 (overall)
- Varsity – 11-1 (league), 14-3 (overall)
i. We are currently tied for 1st in league with 3 games to go (2 league games).
ii. District playoffs begin May 21 at Fort Borst Park in Centralia.
HS Girls’ Golf
- Currently, they are undefeated in league and have two returning players from the 2013 State Championship team – both are juniors.
i. We took 4th at the Chieftain Invite (against 3A and 4a schools) and also had a great showing at the Prairie Invite.
ii. Districts are on May 19-20 at the Capitol City Golf Course in Olympia.
HS Boys’ Soccer
- JV – 1-3 (league), 1-4 (overall)
- Varsity – 0-14 (league), 0-16 (overall)
i. Varsity lost final game of season 1-0 last night. They were very competitive, but just couldn’t close games out. They are very young and are looking forward to preparing for next season.
- Both boys and girls have won multiple meets (including last Wednesday at home)
i. We are on pace to send a record number of athletes to state in Cheney.
ii. Team is ranked in the state top ten in 13 different events.
iii. Matt Young just broke a 30+ year old record (1980) in the mile with a 4:33.9
iv. Sub districts are on May 16 at Stevenson.
v. Districts are on May 23 at Mc Kenzie Stadium in Vancouver.
- Practice starts April 14.
i. 20 8th graders and 23 7th graders have signed up so far.
ii. First meet is on April 30th at View Ridge
- Tennis court reconditioning is complete. Turned out nice – all 3 courts are now functional.
- W Club preparing for the Athlete of the Year Banquet (end of May). We will also be inducting two new members into our athletic hall of fame (TBD).
- If you would like to follow our teams in the post season, check www.tricoathletics.com to see the latest schedule and league standings for any of our teams. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- If you would like to attend a district event, your Board passes will get you in for free.