April 14, 2014
- JV – 4-0 (league), 6-0 (overall)
- Varsity – 2-0 (league), 7-0 (overall)
i. Trevor Huddleston was named WIAA Athlete of the Week after throwing a perfect game and hitting a grand slam vs. White Salmon.
- JV – 0-0 (league), 0-3 (overall)
- Varsity – 2-0 (league), 4-1 (overall)
i. Varsity just started league this week, and have done well in a tough non-league schedule vs. larger schools.
HS Girls’ Golf
- We had the first golf rain out I can remember last week (tells you how the weather has been this spring)
i. Varsity golf has only had one match and a jamboree so far. Their schedule really picks up next week.
HS Boys’ Soccer
- JV – 1-3 (league), 1-4 (overall)
- Varsity – 0-5 (league), 0-6 (overall)
i. Both teams have been competitive, but just haven’t been able to finish games. They are looking forward to having their squads at full strength from here on out.
- We’ve only had one meet so far, but performed quite well.
i. Boys finished 1st and girls finished 2nd – we had 16 individual winners.
ii. Our first home meet is April 16 – we need volunteers!
- Practice starts April 14.
i. 20 8th graders and 23 7th graders have signed up so far.
ii. First meet is on April 30th at View Ridge
- Turf Committee met on 4/9/14 and have already secured 20k in funding, and have a meeting next week with Jeff Perala of Perlo Construction to discuss additional funding opportunities. Group is also finalizing plans for selling customized bricks on the stadium walkway.
- W Club preparing for the Athlete of the Year Banquet (end of May). We will also be inducting two new members into our athletic hall of fame (TBD).
- Our spring schedule changes constantly – please check www.tricoathletics.com to see the latest schedule and league standings for any of our teams. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.