Directions for Local Scholarship Application Process
*The Application Portal will open on December 9th, 2020
1. Log in here (on the left) with your student network username and password or using the "Sign in with Google" button, being sure to use your school account.
2. Complete the Woodland High School application for local scholarships only after reading this guide fully. The online application will open December 9th, 2020 and will close on March 19th, 2021 at midnight.
3. To the left, you will find a menu with three links under Local Scholarships: 1) Scholarships; 2) Checklist and 3) Application.
4. Now look at the Scholarships link. Carefully read the list of local community scholarships available to graduating seniors. Be sure to note the description and criteria for each scholarship so that you are applying only for those scholarships for which you are eligible. Note, some of the scholarships require additional forms, letters or essays. Please check back often for additional scholarships.
5. The Checklist link is a worksheet for you to complete as you write your applications. This lists the requirements that apply to each scholarship. You must check off the requirements as you complete each application.
6. The last link is the Application Form. Here you will find the blank form for the local scholarship application and any additional essays depending on which scholarships you are applying for. You will be writing your essay(s) using business formatting. Skip a line between paragraphs instead of indenting. Save often. You will need two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or community members, saved as PDFs. These letters must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the application due date.
7. Upon application completion, your transcript and attendance record will be uploaded by our Registrar, Mrs. Brand.
8. Your application will only be seen by the specific donor if a “Yes” appears in the completed column for that particular scholarship. You may save as you go and save often.
9. The deadline for all applications is March 19th, 2021 at midnight.
10. Some of the scholarship committees will request interviews with specific students. You will be notified via your WHS school email account if you are invited to interview.
11. All awards will be announced at the Senior Recognition Night, on Tuesday, June 8th, 2021. Please plan to attend.
Local Scholarship Timeline for the 2020/2021 school year
December, 2020, CLC:
Senior Meeting during CLC to introduce Local Scholarship application instructions/deadlines.
December 9th, 2020
Local Scholarship online application portal open to WHS seniors.
March 19th, 2020 @ midnight.
Deadline for all online applications to be submitted. The online portal will be closed at this time.
March 20th - April 16th, 2021:
Donors review submitted applications and student interviews are set up upon donor request.
June 8th, 2021:
Local Scholarship winners announced at WHS Senior Awards Night.