Directions for Local Scholarship Application Process
*The Application Portal will open on December 10, 2019
1. Log in here (on the left) with your student network username and password or using the "Sign in with Google" button, being sure to use your school account.
2. Complete the Woodland High School application for local scholarships only after reading this guide fully. The online application will open December 10th, 2019 and will close on March 20th, 2020 at 4pm.
3. To the left, you will find a menu with three links under Local Scholarships: 1) Scholarships; 2) Checklist and 3) Application.
4. Now look at the Scholarships link. Carefully read the list of local community scholarships available to graduating seniors. Be sure to note the description and criteria for each scholarship so that you are applying only for those scholarships for which you are eligible. Note, some of the scholarships require additional forms, letters or essays. Please check back often for additional scholarships.
5. The Checklist link is a worksheet for you to complete as you write your applications. This lists the requirements that apply to each scholarship. You must check off the requirements as you complete each application.
6. The last link is the Application Form. Here you will find the blank form for the local scholarship application and any additional essays depending on which scholarships you are applying for. You will be writing your essay(s) using business formatting. Skip a line between paragraphs instead of indenting. Save often. You will need two letters of recommendation from teachers and/or community members, saved as PDFs. These letters must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the application due date.
7. Upon application completion, your transcript and attendance record will be uploaded by our Registrar, Mrs. Brand. You can verify this on your checklist.
8. Your application will only be seen by the specific donor if a “Yes” appears in the completed column for that particular scholarship. You may save as you go and save often.
9. The deadline for all applications is March 20th, 2020 at 4pm.
10. Some of the scholarship committees will request interviews with specific students. You will be notified via your WHS school email account if you are invited to interview.
11. All awards will be announced at the Senior Recognition Night, on Thursday, June 2nd, 2020. Please plan to attend.
Local Scholarship Timeline for the 2019/2020 school year
December 10th, 2019, CLC:
Senior Meeting during CLC to introduce Local Scholarship application instructions/deadlines.
December 10th, 2019
Local Scholarship online application portal open to WHS seniors.
March 20th, 2020 @ 4pm
Deadline for all online applications to be submitted. The online portal will be closed at this time.
March 20th - April 10th, 2020:
Donors review submitted applications and student interviews are set up upon donor request.
June 2nd, 2020:
Local Scholarship winners announced at WHS Senior Awards Night.