WSD Athletics Board Report
October 14, 2013
- Varsity record (4-0 league, 5-0 overall)
i. Ranked #3 in most recent state poll.
- JV record (3-0 league, 5-0 overall).
i. Beat 3A Kelso this past Monday.
- Freshman record (2-1 league, 3-1 overall)
- 74 athletes are participating
- Varsity record (6-2 league, 6-3 overall).
i. Won the Yakima Sundome Volleyball Festival on Sept. 13
ii. Currently in 2nd place in north division
iii. We are hosting the Trico Championships on Oct. 31
- JV record (8-0 league, 8-1 overall).
- 23 athletes are participating.
HS Girls’ Soccer
- Varsity record (9-0 league, 9-0 overall)
i. Currently in 1st place, which would give a 1st round bye in districts (Nov. 5).
- JV record (6-0 league, 7-0 overall)
- 32 athletes are participating.
HS Cross Country
- 39 athletes are participating – including 9 middle school athletes.
i. Varsity ran really well at Sunfair in Yakima last week… 13 PRs.
ii. We are hosting the district cross country championships at Lewis River Golf on Nov. 2
HS Boys’ Golf
- Varsity record (7-0 league, 7-1 overall)
- JV record (6-0 league, 7-1 overall)
- 16 athletes are participating (13 HS and 3 MS)
i. District tournament begins Monday, October 14.
- 8th grade record 5-0
- 7th grade record 5-0
- 44 athletes participating (Two teams: 8th, 7th)
- 8th grade record 2-7
- 7th grade record 9-0
- C team record 6-3
- 30 athletes participating (Three teams: 8th, 7th, and one blended)
- Remember that WHS Sports can now be followed on Facebook and Twitter.
- Our league has a new website: tricoathletics.com
- HS Captain training on August 30 – met with all HS fall sport captains.
i. The role of a captain, increasing school spirit and supporting the entire athletic program were main topics.
- Creation of an alumni website.
- HS Track record board
- Reviving the Wall of Tribute